Friday, September 5, 2008

Isn't it funny how much we can love our cars?

Many, many years ago, when I was a small child, I fell in love. Yes, it's true, as a young girl my first love was my dad's Nash Rambler. It was old and she was beautiful. I cried the day we sold it. Something happened to me with that first love....I developed a love for cars in general, and muscle cars in particular. Two of my favorite cars are both 1966 models. I would give my right arm for a '66 Mustang or a '66 Chevelle SS.

My most recent love was my 1996 Mustang. I loved her so much. She went through so many things with me. So many of my memories of Crystal's childhood are tied to that car. She was my comfort during my divorce. I could just get into her and drive away from my thoughts and fears of the time. Unfortunately she gave out on me, and I had to let her go. Now I have a more "grown up" car. A more stable, better MPG than my old Pony Girl. I wish I had given her a decent tribute to show my love for her.

My friend Reenie Lou did just this. She made a beautiful photo slide show of her baby Dolly. Dolly is going to a new home, but she is going knowing how much Reenie loved her. To see Reenie's tribute to Dolly follow this link. http://www.photoshow.com/watch/cU3hV9MT

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I completely understand your love for a 66 Mustang and a 66 Chevelle. When I came home from Vietnam in 1967 I paid cash for a 1967 Chevelle SS 396. It was Bolreo Red. I have also owned a 64 1/2 and a 65 Mustang. Both actually 65's for registration purposes. I wish I still had them.

Roy

Lori said...

Don't you wish you would have kept them and restored them now? I love my cars. I guess that's just the tom boy in me. Thank you for reading me.

Lori

Maui said...

Reenie's tribute to Dolly was adorable! Did she sell her?