Monday, September 1, 2008

Working on my novel

I've been working on my novel the last few days and between that and taking care of my boyfriend after his surgery, I haven't had the opportunity to post. Anyway, now I'm having trouble putting some things in the novel together. I've decided to give the male character twin six or seven year olds, but I'm having trouble writing believable dialogue for the kids. It has become very important to me to leave these characters in, so I can't just write them out. They have a huge part in the sub plot. So, if anybody ever reads this blog that knows where I can get some "good" tips on writing dialogue for young children, I'd appreciate any help at all. So now, back to trying get this book back on track!

3 comments:

JoeMama said...

You can use the Groucho Marx method. "It's so simple, a 4-year-old can operate it. Now go find me a 4-year-old."

Lori said...

I have a couple of friends who have six year olds. However, they aren't precocious. But thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try

Maui said...

No advice, just wanted to wish you luck with your novel!